Proposed Redevelopment Project Northeast Corner of Main Street and E 6th Avenue – Windermere Downtown Property, LLC
The Town received an application from Windermere Downtown Property, LLC to rezone and obtain approval of a preliminary development plan to redevelop 2.17 acres at the northeast corner of Main Street and E 6th Avenue.
The property is located within the Town Center Overlay District. The proposed redevelopment project would demolish the existing structures and result in the construction of two new commercial buildings with retail, office, and restaurant uses.
The buildings would front Main Street and the western portion of the property along E 6th Avenue. The portion of the property that is adjacent to Oakdale Street is proposed to have a 20’ foot wide landscape buffer with a 6 foot wall with parking and stormwater retention on the inside of the wall. Access for the proposed project is from a right-in and right-out only driveway on E 6th Avenue and a full access on E 5th Avenue.
The proposed project is currently under review by the Town. Public hearings for the rezoning request and preliminary development plan are scheduled as follows:
- Development Review Board – February 16, 2021, at 6:30 p.m. – WATCH
- Public Workshop #1 – March 31, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. – WATCH Minutes
- Town Council First Public Hearing – April 13, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. – WATCH
- Public Workshop #2 – May 26, 2021, at 6:00pm – Agenda WATCH Minutes
- Town Council Second Public Hearing – June 8, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. – WATCH
- Tree Board Special Meeting Site Walkthough – September 1, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. – Agenda
- Town Council Workshop – September 7, 2022, at 6:00 p.m. – Agenda WATCH
- Tree Board Special Meeting Site Walkthrough – September 26, 2022, at 2:00 p.m. – Agenda
- Virtual Town Council Workshop – January 24, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. – Agenda WATCH
- Virtual Town Council Workshop – February 28, 2023, at 6:00 p.m. – Agenda WATCH Minutes
Public hearings will either be held at Town Hall (520 Main Street), at the project site, or via Zoom. The meeting format will always be posted in the agenda. Whenever possible, meetings will be recorded and uploaded to the Town’s YouTube page.
Any questions regarding the proposed project may be directed to Brad Cornelius, AICP, Contracted Town Planner, at 813-882-4373 or at email@example.com.