Attention: Town of Windermere Residents:
Summerport, Keene’s Point, Casabella, Belmere, the area surrounding Reams Rd., etc. ARE NOT PART OF WINDERMERE! Please call WastePro and DO NOT use our system to request service. Doing so will result in delays or missed service.
The Town of Windermere has a mandatory refuse ordinance. We bill annually through your property taxes at the beginning of each fiscal year (October through September). Payments are due and payable to the Orange County Tax Collector upon receipt.
Garbage Collection is picked up on Tuesdays & Fridays
Recycling is picked up on Tuesdays
All Yard Waste is picked up on Wednesdays
ALL ITEMS MUST BE ON THE CURB BY 7am FOR PICKUP
SPECIAL PICK UP (LARGE ITEMS) IS PROVIDED TWICE A YEAR. PLEASE CALL WASTE PRO DIRECTLY TO ARRANGE FOR A TIME AND DATE OF PICKUP.
“The Waste Professionals”
Town of Windermere
Rules & Regulations
- Each container must be at curbside by 7:00 AM, and not to exceed 50 pounds in weight, including container when full.
- Standard containers consist of either cans with tight fitting lids or sealed plastic bags. Containers must not exceed 32 gallon and be in a safe and sanitary condition. Waste Pro is not liable for items stored on, in or near garbage.
- If any item is not acceptable as GARBAGE, it will be placed back in your container. The following types of garbage will be picked up: normal household refuse, which shall include refuse from table and stove, small amounts of paper from kitchen and bathroom, bagged or wrapped and placed in containers or sealed bags.
- All recycling will be collected curbside and shall be in the approved recycling bin provided by the Town and shall be placed within 3 feet of the curb or roadway by 7:00 AM for collection.
- Unacceptable items will not be picked up.
- Acceptable items: all glass bottles and jars, aluminum, metal and tin cans, plastic soda bottles, plastic milk and water jugs and newspaper.
- If you have more materials than the bin will hold, then put newspaper in a paper bag and place the bag on top of the recycling bin.
- Must be containerized, bagged or bundled. Bundles tied and not to exceed 4 feet in length.
- Each container must be at curbside by 7:00 AM, and not to exceed 50 pounds in weight and 32 gallon in size.
- Unacceptable items will not be picked up (i.e. construction/remodeling materials).
- Acceptable items: all vegetable matter resulting from residential yard and landscape maintenance to include tree and shrub trimmings, grass clippings, palm fronds or small tree branches (not to exceed 6 inches in diameter per branch).
- New Years Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
*If your collection day falls on one of the above holidays, your collection service will be on your next scheduled pick-up day*
June 1st – November 30th
As we all saw in 2004 with Hurricane Charley, Hurricanes can wreak havoc with torrential rains, whipping and lashing winds, with powerful storm surges that can wipe out entire communities. It is important to make sure that you and your loved ones have an emergency plan in place in the event that a Hurricane heads our way. Often times, families may not be together at the time a disaster strikes. So it is important that everyone knows the emergency plan.
Stock up on emergency supplies, including food, water, protective clothing, medications, batteries, flashlights, important documents, road maps and a full tank of gasoline.
• Know where the closest hospitals and shelters are located.
• Pay close attention to the weather forecast as the path of the storm often changes.
• Make sure your home is secured, all items that can be carried by the wind be removed and locked up.
This is just a few things to get you started on preparing for a hurricane. A checklist from the National Red Cross is available online www.redcross.org. If you would like more information on preparing for a storm please visit the National Weather Service – National Hurricane Center at www.noaa.gov.
PLEASE NOTE – AS A COMMUNITY IT IS IMPORTANT THAT WE WORK TOGETHER TO ENSURE EVERYONE’S SAFETY, IF YOU KNOW OF A RESIDENT THAT DOES NOT HAVE COMPUTER ACCESS PLEASE LET THEM KNOW THAT THE CHECKLIST IS AVAILABLE AT THE TOWN’S ADMINISTRATION OFFICE AS WELL AS AT THE WINDERMERE POLICE DEPARTMENT.
The Windermere Library was named after the well known citrus grower and primary finical donor Franklin Chase. The “Florida Cracker” style building was designed by architect Mark Nasrallah. The official grand opening took place on November 9, 1991 and has served the town and it’s guest well by offering over 100,000 items for use including:
- Fiction and non-fiction books
- Music CDs
- Videos and DVDs
- Audio books
- Magazines and newspapers
You may visit our library in person or you can visit their website for more information.
530 Main Street Windermere FL 34786
Orange County Animal Control
Orange County Animal Services is a progressive animal-welfare focused organization that enforces the Orange County Code to protect both citizens and animals.
Animal Services welcomes more than 23,000 animals to their shelter each year and receives nearly 65,000 calls annually. They provide service throughout Orange County, including all municipalities. The Field Operations group responds 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to citizens’ calls regarding:
- Animal abuse and neglect
- Loose and nuisance animals
- Injured animals
- Animal bites and attacks
- Abandoned pets
Report issues and complaints to 311 Customer Service.
Orange County Animal Services
Pet Rescue & Adoption Center
2769 Conroy Road
Orlando, FL 32839-2162
Coyote Hazing & Conflict
HSUS Coyote Hazing Guidelines
Coyote Hazing Workshop Flyer
HSUS Coyote Meeting Fact Sheet
Preventing Conflicts with Coyotes
Lake Apopka Natural Gas
Orange County Utilities
Century Link Packages
Our community is proud of the excellence of our schools. Our students have achieved high levels of success in academics, the visual and performing arts, and athletics, due to their own efforts and talents and the outstanding skill and dedication of our educators.
Wireless Windermere Status
Wireless Windermere is a public Wi-Fi service provided by the Town of Windermere. This free service is for the benefit of our citizens and guests.
If you have questions about use of the Town of Windermere WiFi Systemplease call Windermere IT Support at TerraCloud Inc.
Toll Free: (888) 761-1911
Local: (407) 395-4046
or send an e-mail to: Support@TerraCloudInc.com
Wireless Windermere Acceptable Use Policy