Please contact Paulette David with questions regarding the Park Pass (Ramp key/code) or Tennis Pass keys, or to apply for a garage sale or open house permit. 407-876-2563 ext 5327.
Tennis and Park Pass forms are two pages. Residents will need to initial after each “violation” on the front page that they have read and understand, and fill out the back. Please have payments ready: we accept credit cards and checks/money orders made out to the Town of Windermere. We do not accept cash or American Express. Park Passes are $35, and Tennis Passes are $25.
Garage Sale Permit Application
Please note, the Park Pass and Tennis Pass are for residents of the incorporated Town of Windermere ONLY. Incorporated Windermere is approximately 2 square miles; link to map is at the bottom of the page. Most “Windermere” addresses are actually under the jurisdiction of Orange County (“unincorporated”) and are therefore not eligible to purchase passes. If you are unsure whether your address is incorporated or not, please visit the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website; for residents, the municipality will show as “Windermere.” For others, it will show as “un-incorporated.” Windermere Boundaries
As of April 28, 2023 – Access to Bessie & Fernwood will Require a Park Pass
There are three ramps located within the incorporated limits of the Town of Windermere:
- Public, Orange County Ramp on E 6th/Conroy onto Lake Down
- Resident-Only Ramp at Fernwood Park (Lake Butler) – we recommend accessing the vehicular gate via Butler Street rather than W 7th Avenue due to maneuverability
- Resident-Only Ramp at Lake Bessie
Passes are $35 and will include a key to the Lake Bessie Ramp, a unique code to the Fernwood Park Ramp and/or Pedestrian Gate. Passes are not discounted if access to only one ramp is desired. There is no charge for residents wishing to obtain a Fernwood Pedestrian Gate code only. Fernwood Park is open from dawn to dusk. Access codes entered prior to dawn or after dusk will not work for either the vehicular or pedestrian gate.
In order to expedite the process, please arrive to the Administrative office prepared with the 3 Ps: PAPERWORK, PROOF OF RESIDENCE, AND PAYMENT.
Download, print, and fill out the Park Pass paperwork.
We are located at 614 Main Street, and are open to the public Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm. Please note, we do not accept American Express or cash.
Please reach out to Paulette with any questions 407-876-2563 ext 5327.
Film Permit **NO FILM PERMITS WILL BE PROCESSED IF RECEIVED LESS THAN 14 DAYS BEFORE SHOOT DATE**
Realtors, please see Theresa at the Administrative Office for your sign stickers. Without these stickers, your signs will be removed! Open houses are permitted 2 signs within Windermere Town limits. Balloons, streamers, etc. are not permitted.
Special Event Permit **30 DAYS’ NOTICE REQUIRED**
- Per FL Statute 163.045:
Tree pruning, trimming, or removal on residential property.—
(1) A local government may not require a notice, application, approval, permit, fee, or mitigation for the pruning, trimming, or removal of a tree on residential property if the property owner obtains documentation from an arborist certified by the International Society of Arboriculture or a Florida licensed landscape architect that the tree presents a danger to persons or property.
(2) A local government may not require a property owner to replant a tree that was pruned, trimmed, or removed in accordance with this section.
- Per FL Statute 163.045:
Information for Tennis Leagues **Please contact Diane Edwards**