The Official Website of the Town of Windermere

Permits & Passes - Official Website of the Town of Windermere, Florida

Permits & Passes

Permits, Passes, & Applications

Please contact the appropriate department below for more information on specific permits or passes. If you are unsure who you should reach out to, please email and a staff member who is able to assist you will respond within 24 business hours.

Administration – Lilian Colli

614 Main Street, Building 100

Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm

407-876-2563 ext. 5327


Film Permit

Garage Sale

Open House

Special Event Permit

Park Pass

Fernwood Pedestrian Pass

Tennis Member Pass


Public Works – Paulette David

614 Main Street, Building 200

Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 3:30pm
(closed daily 12 to 1 pm for lunch)

407-876-2563 ext. 5333

Right-of-Way  Use Application Right-of-Way Use Application Form 2.2024

Tree Removal Application: Tree Removal Notice Form HERE!

Any questions please contact Paulette

Updates to Park Pass & Tennis Pass

If you have questions about the above, please contact Administrative Assistant, Lilian Colli: at 407-876-2563 ext 5327 or via email.

Park Passes

There are three ramps located within the incorporated limits of the Town of Windermere:

  • Public, Orange County Ramp on E 6th/Conroy onto Lake Down
  • Resident-Only Ramp at Fernwood Park (Lake Butler) – we recommend accessing the vehicular gate via Butler Street rather than W 7th Avenue due to maneuverability
  • Resident-Only Ramp at Lake Bessie

Passes are $35 and will include a key to the Lake Bessie Ramp, a unique code to the Fernwood Park Ramp and/or Pedestrian Gate. Passes are not discounted if access to only one ramp is desired. There is no charge for residents wishing to obtain a Fernwood Pedestrian Gate code only. Fernwood Park is open from dawn to dusk. Access codes entered prior to dawn or after dusk will not work for either the vehicular or pedestrian gate.

In order to expedite the process, please arrive at the Public Works Office prepared with the 3 Ps: PAPERWORK, PROOF OF RESIDENCE, AND PAYMENT.

Download, print, and fill out the Park Pass paperwork.

We are located at 614 Main Street and are open to the public Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 4:00 pm.  Please note, that we do not accept American Express, Apple Pay, or cash.

If you have questions about the above, please contact Administrative Assistant, Lilian Colli: at 407-876-2563 ext 5327 or via email.

Park Pass FAQs

Q. How do I get a Park Pass?

A. The information in the section above will give you the steps you need to take to obtain a Park Pass.


Q. Why do I have to pay for a pass if I don’t have a boat?

A. Access to Fernwood Park via the Pedestrian Gate is free. Residents wishing to access Fernwood Park via the Vehicular Gate must pay the $35 fee. We currently do not have a way to distinguish vehicles that will be launching a boat vs. vehicles that are just visiting the park. Town Staff will take direction from the Town Council regarding any changes that need to be made in reference to this.


Q. The Vehicular Gate is at a tight angle, how can I access the gate without damaging it or my trailer?

A. Staff recommends entering Fernwood Park via Butler Street when towing a trailer rather than via W 7th Avenue.


Q. I paid for a Park Pass, but I don’t have a key to the Bessie Boat Ramp. How do I get one without having to pay again?

A. If you purchased your Park Pass while Town Staff was waiting for new Bessie Ramp keys to be cut, simply come to the Administrative Office during normal business hours to pick up your Bessie Ramp key.


Q. I was told that as a pedestrian, I need to use the Pedestrian Gate when arriving on foot/bike even though I paid for the Vehicular Gate. Why is that?

A. The motor on the Vehicular Gate has to work overtime when used for both vehicular and foot traffic. By diverting pedestrian traffic to the Pedestrian Gate, we extend the life of the Vehicular Gate’s motor and delay replacement. Keep in mind that replacing the motor could potentially lead to park closures.


Q. How do I find out about ramp closures or other important updates?

A. The best way to keep on top of news regarding ramp/park closures and updates is to download the Town of Windermere app on your phone. The Town makes staying informed easy; in addition to the app, information is posted on our website and social media, as well as in the Gazette. Click here for all the ways you can stay informed about what’s happening in Town and on the water.


Q. Who do I contact if I have additional questions regarding the Park Pass or boat ramps?

A. Please call Administrative Assistant, Lilian Colli: at 407-876-2563 ext 5327 or via email.  


Q. Where do I report inappropriate behavior at the park or lakes?

A. Please call 911 for all emergencies. If you witness(ed) illegal, dangerous, or otherwise inappropriate behavior on the water, please contact Orange County Sheriff’s Office (407-254-7000) and/or Florida Fish and Wildlife (888-404-3922): they have jurisdiction over the water. For instances on the shoreline or at the park, please call the non-emergency line to have Windermere Police dispatched to the location/to take a report: 407-905-6333. Alternately, you can fill out this form online and we will forward your complaint to the appropriate agency.