The Windermere Police Department Foundation, Inc. was established in the wake of the tragic loss of Windermere Police Officer Robert “Robbie” German on March 22, 2014. This Charity has promoted, encouraged, and benefited the citizens served by the Windermere Police Department, the employees and families of the Windermere Police Department, and the Central Florida Community. The Foundation also seeks innovative ways to improve the quality of life of the citizens served by the Windermere Police Department and the Central Florida community, through advancements in safety and crime reduction, all with the continued goal of enhancing services within the area.
Some of the Foundation’s activities have included hosting community forums to provide safety and crime reduction strategies for the benefit of the general public and the law enforcement community, purchase tools and equipment needed to assist the Windermere Police Department fulfill its mission, hold various charitable events, and to donate funds to help support local charities.
This Charity continues to provide services to support families of fallen law enforcement officers of the Windermere Police Department and any other law enforcement departments in the Central Florida region as deemed appropriate by the Board of Directors.
Our organization can only achieve its goals with the assistance of generous donations from members of our community. Without these donations, serving those in our area would not be possible.
For more information about the Windermere Police Department Foundation, Inc. or to make a donation, please visit our website.
Like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Continued Donations to officers killed or injured in the line of duty
- Established Investment Account, the proceeds of which will fund an Annual Scholarship to the Police Academy in the name of Officer Robert “Robbie: German (2020)
- Cops & Bobbers: Fishing with officers & children
- Sleep in Heavenly Peace Bunk Bed Build: Community bunk bed build. Beds are built and delivered for children in need here in our Central Florida community
- Annual National Night Out each September
- Wounded Officer Initiative (Support)
- O.P.S: Citizens of Police Survivors (Support)
- Michael Callin Memorial Golf Tournament (OCSO Deputy Killed in line of Duty) (Support)
- Washington D.C. Police Week (Support families of those Officers killed in line of duty and send Officers up to participate in week-long event)
- Windermere Egg-Stravaganza Easter Egg Hunt (Support)
- State of Florida Law Enforcement Memorial Annual Event (Support families of those Officers killed in line of duty and send Officers up to participate in weekend-long event)
- Student Scholarships
- Annual Windermere St. Patrick’s Day Celebration (Year 3)
- Charity Softball Tournaments (3)
- Annual NAMI Walk Supporter (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Blue Line Bears Support (Blue Line Bears is a nonprofit organization with the goal of helping the children of fallen Law Enforcement officers cope with the devastating loss of a parent.)
- MADD Walk Sponsor/Participant (Annual)
- West Orange Chamber Event Sponsor
- American Lung Associations Event Participant (Support)
- American Cancer Society Annual Walk Participants (Support)
- Funded 50% of Security Cameras at Windermere Recreation Center
- Annual Breast Cancer Awareness Month (Support)
- The Winter Garden Police Athletic League (Support)
- Crimeline Chili Cook Off
- Mathews Hope Annual Financial Support
- Operation Secret Santa (Annual event where Gift Cards handed to those in need)
- Hosting DUI Enforcement Class for Central Florida Law Enforcement Community
- Hosting Mental Health Awareness Seminars for Central Florida Law Enforcement Community
- Women’s Self Defense Classes
- Internet Safety Classes
- JuleStrong: Local Elementary School Student Fighting Cancer
- Back the Blue 5k
- Challenge 22 – Ruck Walk for Veteran Suicide Awareness
- Police Unity Tour Fundraiser
- Support of Windermere Elementary School Safety Patrol Team
- Anti-Bullying Programs
- Windermere Veterans War Memorial
- Coffee with a Cop
- One Heart for Women and Children (Toy Drive and Support)
- Roper YMCA Equipment
- Robert German Memorial Garden
- Gift of Swim: Swim Lesson Scholarships to those children in need to prevent childhood drowning by teaching kids how to swim
- No Shave November: Help promote Men’s Health and raise awareness about mental health, prostate and testicular cancer
- Baby DJ Mix 106.7 (Toy Drive & $ Support)
- I CAARE Law Enforcement Ride Along Event
- Windermere Elementary School Supplies Drive
- Girls in Guatemala Shoe Drive
- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge 93 Support
- Spirit Nights
WPDF Scholarship Fund
|.||Since the inception of the Foundation, one of the main goals was to establish a scholarship fund in the name and honor the legacy of Officer Robert “Robbie” German. Today I am pleased to announced that we have reached our investment goal of $100,000. This will enable the Foundation to provide scholarships to those willing to protect and serve their communities as Robbie did. This program will begin next year and will run in perpetuity.
As with anything, this milestone could not have been achieved without the generosity and contributions of various businesses and volunteers in our community.
On behalf of the Foundation, we thank you all.
-Mayor Jim O’Brien: Officer, Chief Dave Ogden: Officer, Robert Smith: President
|.||The Windermere Police Department Foundation is excited to once again participate in Movember.
“Movember fundraisers are a global community of fired up Mo Bros and Mo Sisters – aka rock stars making a difference in mental health and suicide prevention, prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
Your donation could help save a father, a brother, a son, a friend, a partner, a man’s life.”
Please join us in raising money for this worthy cause. Our goal for 2022 is $2,500. Donate here.
In the News
Southwest Orange Observer – WPDF Reaches Goal For Scholarship Fund 08/2020
ClickOrlando – House Passess Bill to Rename Post Office after Slain Windermer Officer (UPDATE – Senators Rubio & Scott endorse bill)
Fox 35 – Windermere Police Chief Offers Jiu-Jitsu as an Option over Excessive Force 09/2020
West Orange Times – Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Program Launches at Dream Center 12/2020
Our organization can only achieve its goals with the assistance of generous donations from members of our community. Without these donations, serving those in our area would not be possible