Please contact Diane Edwards in order to schedule an appointment to purchase Boat Ramp (“Park Pass”) or Tennis Pass keys, or to apply for a garage sale or open house permit. In order to ensure proper social distancing and safety measures, passes may only be purchased with an appointment.
Please have your forms filled out BEFORE you arrive at the office (you can also scan them back to Diane). Please also have your payment ready. We accept credit card (no American Express) and checks/money orders made out to the Town of Windermere. We do not accept cash. If you would like to prepay with a credit card to ensure a contactless transaction, please fill out our Credit Card Authorization form and email to Diane ahead of your appointment. Boat Ramps keys are $35, and Tennis keys are $25
In order to help maintain the health of our staff and residents, all visitors to Town Admin are required to wear masks. If you do not wish to wear a mask, please contact Diane, and we will arrange an alternate accommodation for you which does not involve entry to Town Admin.
**Please note, as of 5/19/2020, we are no longer accepting cash payments for any passes, permits, or rentals.**
Please bring a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover – we do not accept AmericanExpress) or a check/money order made out to the Town of Windermere.
Windermere Residents can enjoy access to our two boat launches (7th and Forest St. at Fernwood Park, as well as 9th and Lake Bessie) and two tennis courts (Main Street aka Park Among the Lakes and The Windermere Recreation Center AKA Butler Bay). Passes are valid October 1 – September 30 of each year. Park Passes are $35, and Tennis Passes are $25. We do not pro-rate, so be sure to get your passes early! Bring your form, proof of address, and payment to Diane or Lilian in the Administrative Office for your pass. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:45pm. Payment must be done in person, and can be rendered with check, money order, or Visa/MasterCard/Discover (no American Express). We do not accept cash payments. Payment must be made in-person;. we do not accept online or over-the-phone payments.
Please note, the Park Pass and Tennis Pass are for residents of the incorporated Town of Windermere ONLY. Incorporated Windermere is approximately 2 square miles; link to map is at the bottom of the page. Most “Windermere” addresses are actually under the jurisdiction of Orange County (“unincorporated”) and are therefore not eligible to purchase passes. If you are unsure whether your address is incorporated or not, please reach out to Diane Edwards. You can also visit the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website; for residents, the municipality will show as “Windermere.” For others, it will show as “un-incorporated.”
The only subdivisions within Windermere are below. (Note, Summerport, Keene’s Pointe, Casabella, etc. are NOT within Windermere):
Lake Crescent Reserve
The Willows at Lake Rhea
*Windermere Club is NOT within Windermere, however residents are eligible to purchase tennis passes only.
2020-2021 Keys Available NOW!
- PLEASE CALL OR EMAIL FOR A PICKUP TIME TO COME IN. We are limited to 2 guests in the lobby at any given time. To avoid a crowd, please call 407-876-2563 ext 5321 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and CC email@example.com for a time to come out.
- When emailing, please include your address.
- WE MAY NOT BE ABLE TO ACCOMMODATE WALK-INS, and you may be asked to return at a later time!
- Please download and complete your park pass/tennis pass forms BEFORE coming to the office. You can email it or bring with you. They can be accessed using the links on this page.
- We no longer accept cash. Payment may be rendered with either check or card (no American Express).
- Masks are still required by visitors to Town Admin office. We have extras if you need one.
- As always, only residents of the incorporated Town of Windermere (approximately 2 sq miles) are eligible to purchase keys.
- Town Admin offices have moved to 501 Forest Street.
Realtors, please see Diane at the Administrative Office for your sign stickers. Without these stickers, your signs will be removed! Open houses are permitted 2 signs within Windermere Town limits. Balloons, streamers, etc. are not permitted.
- Per FL Statute 163.045:
Tree pruning, trimming, or removal on residential property.—
(1) A local government may not require a notice, application, approval, permit, fee, or mitigation for the pruning, trimming, or removal of a tree on residential property if the property owner obtains documentation from an arborist certified by the International Society of Arboriculture or a Florida licensed landscape architect that the tree presents a danger to persons or property.
(2) A local government may not require a property owner to replant a tree that was pruned, trimmed, or removed in accordance with this section.
- RESIDENTS DO NOT NEED A TREE REMOVAL APPLICATION IF THEY OBTAIN ONE OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS! Even if an application is completed, it is likely we will require an arborist or landscape architect report anyway.
- Per FL Statute 163.045: