Permits & Passes

Windermere Residents can enjoy access to our two boat launches (7th and Forest St. at Fernwood Park, as well as 9th and Lake Bessie) and two tennis courts (Main Street aka Park Among the Lakes and The Windermere Recreation Center AKA Butler Bay). Passes are valid October 1 – September 30 of each year. Park Passes are $35, and Tennis Passes are $25. We do not pro-rate, so be sure to get your passes early! Bring your form, proof of address, and payment to Diane or Lilian in the Administrative Office for your pass. Hours are Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:45pm. Accepted forms of payment are exact cash, check, or Visa/MasterCard/Discover (no American Express). Payment must be made in-person;. we do not accept online or over-the-phone payments.

Please note, the Park Pass and Tennis Pass are for residents of the incorporated Town of Windermere ONLY. Incorporated Windermere is approximately 2 square miles; link to map is at the bottom of the page. Most “Windermere” addresses are actually under the jurisdiction of Orange County (“unincorporated”) and are therefore not eligible to purchase passes. If you are unsure whether your address is incorporated or not, please reach out to Diane Edwards. You can also visit the Orange County Property Appraiser’s website; for residents, the municipality will show as “Windermere.” For others, it will show as “un-incorporated.”

The only subdivisions within Windermere are below. (Note, Summerport, Keene’s Pointe, Casabella, etc. are NOT within Windermere):
Lake Crescent Reserve
The Manors
Marina Bay
Sunset Bay
The Willows at Lake Rhea
Windermere Oaks
Windermere Reserve
*Windermere Club is NOT within Windermere, however residents are eligible to purchase tennis passes only.



  • Building
  • Film
  • Garage Sale
  • Open House
    Realtors, please see Diane at the Administrative Office for your sign stickers. Without these stickers, your signs will be removed! Open houses are permitted 2 signs within Windermere Town limits. Balloons, streamers, etc. are not permitted.
  • Special Event Permit
  • Tree Removal
    • Per FL Statute 163.045:
      Tree pruning, trimming, or removal on residential property.—
      (1) A local government may not require a notice, application, approval, permit, fee, or mitigation for the pruning, trimming, or removal of a tree on residential property if the property owner obtains documentation from an arborist certified by the International Society of Arboriculture or a Florida licensed landscape architect that the tree presents a danger to persons or property.
      (2) A local government may not require a property owner to replant a tree that was pruned, trimmed, or removed in accordance with this section.

      • RESIDENTS DO NOT NEED A TREE REMOVAL APPLICATION IF THEY OBTAIN ONE OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTS! Even if an application is completed, it is likely we will require an arborist or landscape architect report anyway.