Orange County Face Mask Executive Order
Orange County Mayor, Jerry Demings, signed Executive Order 2020-23 yesterday in response to the growing number of COVID-19 cases in Orange County. This Order will mandate the use of face masks or other face coverings that are consistent with CDC guidelines in all public places for every person working, living, visiting, or doing business in Orange County beginning 6/20/2020 until further notice.
The Executive Order also outlines exceptions to the face mask mandate for the following:
- Children under the age of two
- People for whom a mask or face covering would exacerbate an existing health condition
- Workers for whom a mask or face covering would impede their ability to effectively work
- Workers who do not have face-to-face interactions with the public
- People who are exercising while observing social distancing measures in compliance with CDC guidelines
While this order also excludes employees and patrons of first response and government agencies, the Town of Windermere will continue to require the use of face masks or coverings for our staff AND all visitors to Town facilities.