||Unfortunately, in the wake of natural disasters, homeowners also need to be aware of potential scammers looking to take advantage of the situation.
Protect yourself if you are hiring a company or contractor to remove trees, limbs, or other debris:
- Use only licensed contractors
- Beware of individuals who approach you and ask for money before a job is completed
- Once money has been exchanged, this becomes a civil contract
- Windermere requires all companies to obtain a solicitation permit from WPD BEFORE they can knock on doors
- Contact the Windermere Police Department if you believe you’ve been a victim of a scam or would like to report suspicious behavior 407-876-3757