Scope of Work: Construct handicap ramp at Windermere Town Hall. Project includes, but not limited to, demolition, concrete, carpentry and railings.
Ordering Instructions: Electronic plans available for download on this site.
Bid Bond: No
Pre/Bid Conference: A MANDATORY Pre Bid conference will be held Monday February 18, 2013 at 2:00 pm at:
Windermere Town Hall
520 Main Street
Windermere, FL 34786
Due Date/Time/Location:Windermere, 2:00 PM Eastern, 614 Main Street, Windermere, FL 34786
All bids must be received no later than said date and time. Bids received after such time will be returned unopened.
Proof of Liability Insurance: The successful bidder shall be required to provide a certificate of insurance issued on behalf of the Town of Windermere by companies acceptable to the Town at the following limits: $1,000,000.00 Comprehensive General Liability Insurance (the Town to be named as an additional insured)
M/WBE's are encouraged to participate in the bid process.
Project Contact: Contact: David Grimm, Public Works Supervisor: Phone: 407-876-2563 Email: email@example.com
Bid 2013-01 Town Hall ADA Ramp
February 18th Meeting Notes:
The following is a summary of the discussion from the mandatory pre-bid conference for the Town Hall Handicap Ramp Modifications project held at Windermere Town Hall:
1. No composite material deck is to be used. All new deck and railings are to be pressure treated to match the existing.
2. The new PT deck is to remain natural finish to match existing. The new PT railing is to be painted white to match the existing.
3. The new 1-1/2” pipe handrail is to be clear anodized aluminum and mounted as per the details.
4. The contractor is to remove the existing shrubs that are in the path of the new concrete walk.
5. The Town will relocate the irrigation lines.
6. The Town will obtain the building permit.
7. Maintaining the correct 12:1 slope for ADA compliance is critical.
8. The existing concrete ramp does not need to remain and can be removed by the contractor for ease of construction.
9. Shop drawings are no required but a source of supply for all materials and catalog cuts for the aluminum pipe handrail will be required.
10. Sealed bids are due on 2-25-2013 no later than 2:00 pm at the Administrative offices of the Town of Windermere.
Any additional questions or requests for information must be received via email no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday February 21, 2013.
Those in attendance include:
Dave Grimm – Town of Windermere
Mike Galura – Engineer
Clint Lutchman – Triple Crown, LLC
John Vogelbacher – Watauga Co.
Jim Thompson – Barracuda Building Corp.
Tony Lutchman – Tony’s Construction
Award will be discussed at the March 12th Town Council Meeting.
March 13, 2013: Barracuda Building Corp awarded contract.
RFQ 2012-07 CODE ENFORCEMENT SPECIAL MAGISTRATE SERVICES
The Town of Windermere intends to promote, protect, and improve the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens by appointing a Code Enforcement Special Magistrate with authority to impose administrative fines and other non-criminal penalties to provide an equitable, expeditious, effective, and inexpensive method of enforcing the codes and ordinances of the Town where a pending or repeated violation exists. The successful firm/individual will provide services on an as needed basis throughout the term of the agreement.
Those firms/individual interested in providing this service are instructed to submit three (3) bound copies, one (1) unbound original, and one (1) electronic copy (CD: PDF Format) of their qualifications pertinent to the scope of work prior to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, December 28, 2012 to the attention of Robert Smith, Town Manager 614 Main St. Windermere, FL 34786. Qualification documents received after this date and time will not be considered. The Town of Windermere reserves the right to reject any and all qualification documents received, to solicit new qualification documents, or take any other such actions that may be deemed to be in the best interest of the Town of Windermere. The Town of Windermere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MBE/WBE/DBE businesses are encouraged to participate. The Town of Windermere strictly enforces open and fair competition.