RFP#2013-06 Butler Bay Pavilion Design Build
The Town of Windermere is issuing this Request for Proposals (“RFP”) to engage a design-builder (“the “Design-Builder”) to complete the design and construction of a new Butler Bay Pavilion (the “Pavilion”) to be located on the existing pavilion pad at Butler Bay Recreation Center.
Those firms/individual interested in providing this service are instructed to submit five (5) bound copies, one (1) unbound original, and one (1) electronic copy (CD: PDF Format) of their qualifications, design or “off the shelf” pre-engineered shelter, estimated cost of total project, and additional pertinent info addressing the scope of work prior to 5pm Eastern Standard Time, June 4, 2013 to the attention of Robert Smith, Town Manager 614 Main St. Windermere, FL 34786. RFP documents received after this date and time will not be considered. The Town of Windermere reserves the right to reject any and all RFP documents received, to solicit new RFP documents, or take any other such actions that may be deemed to be in the best interest of the Town of Windermere. The Town of Windermere is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MBE/WBE/DBE businesses are encouraged to participate. The Town of Windermere strictly enforces open and fair competition.
Services will include the following to the extent approved by the Town Council and/or Town Manager
The scope of work to be performed by the awarded firm may consist of, but not be limited to the following:
· The Design-Builder will be required to design and construct the Pavilion in a manner consistent with the examples provided below. These examples have been selected by the Town Parks and Recreation Committee as the look and type they would recommend for approval. Variations will be considered.
· “Off the Shelf” pre-engineered pavilions will be considered.
· Designs must provide for a fully functional shelter with ADA accessibility and fully engineered and designed to meet the local and state required building codes.
· Pavilion design can include restroom facilities either at or near the pavilion site but included as an “Add Alternate” to this RFP. The Restroom facility should match the style of the main pavilion if included. This “Add Alternative” is not a requirement of submittal.
RFP 2013-06 Butler Bay Pavilion
Those in attendance:
McGree Design Builders - Terry Alexander
Parlett Construction, Inc. - David Park, PE, C.G.C
Taylor Supply LLC - Steve Taylor
Scott Crews Architecture, LLC - Scott Crews
Semco Construction Inc. - Ed Locke
Metz Building Contractors - Bob Insalaco
Bliss Products & Services - Diana Persyns
Town of Windermere - John Fitzgibbon
RFP#2013-06 Butler Bay Pavilion Design Build Questions &Answers:
• Is there any bonding requirements? None stated in the RFP. This issue shall be resolved in the contract negotiations.
• We were unable to attend the job walk but we are interested in bidding, would our bid be accepted? No. The site visit was mandatory.
• Estimated Budget or Value? $75,000-$100,000