It’s that time of year again, for the little ones to runaround all dressed up and get as much candy as they possibly can. Parents aside from trying to avoid the sugar high, there are a few important things that we as a community can do to ensure the safety of the children.
1. Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision.
2. Remind your children to look both ways before crossing the street. Remember it is look left, right and then left again before crossing.
3. Be sure that the children have reflective tape or stickers on them if possible get them a glow stick or flash light so that they are visible to drivers.
4. Remind the children and the adults supervising to not use electronic devices, especially while crossing the street. Pay attention to your surroundings. (Refrain from texting while trying to cross the street)
5. Use the sidewalks and paths
6. Drivers.. obey the speed limit! Be extra cautious, especially during the hours of 5:30 – 9:30 which is the most popular times for children to be out Trick-or-Treating.
The Town of Windermere and Windermere Police Department wishes everyone a Happy & Safe Halloween!